RIDE #58 Round Table – Bianchi Oltre XR
The Bianchi Oltre XR… a bike that retails for $15,499 and, despite the price, has become the item of desire for many cyclists around the world. Find out what the fuss is about and read Shane Lovejoy’s appraisal in RIDE Cycling Review #58. Built with Campagnolo Super Record EPS, it is worthy of the lust it evokes in many…
Each issue of RIDE Cycling Review features six bike tests and each product is put through a series of protocols that have evolved over the years. We now subject the review bikes to…:
• A ‘Build Report’ written by a mechanic after his fully disassembles the bike (and weighs each component) to get a closer look inside the frame and then see how it all comes back together.
• ‘Flex test jig‘ – which measures frame deflection when a 40kg weight is applied to the right crank.
• ‘Wheel test’ – when we measure flex of a rim.
• Weight list of every component… the actual weight, not just what the manufacturers want to promote.
• Full specification listing…
The review itself relates to the ride quality and characteristics of each bike as observed by someone who gets to use it for several weeks (or, at times, months). The captioning is done by our in-house mechanic, Greg Chalberg, who also takes the photos.
Since RIDE #54, we have also published a two-page spread dubbed ‘Round Table Observations’. The concept is to get everyone in the office to ride all six review bikes one after the other and offer a brief appraisal of what they feel the highlight or lowlights are.
(There are now 13 issues of RIDE available in a digital format via Zinio, including reviews of 78 bikes.)
RIDE Media publishes RIDE Cycling Review, a quarterly magazine all about cycling.
RIDE Cycling Review is now available in a digital format via Zinio.