Terms and Conditions
LS travel retail Pacific
Tour de France Competition 2013
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of LS travel retail Pacific, Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Cycling Sports Group, Ride Cycling Review, Hardie Grant Publishing, Coca-Cola Amatil, Garmin Australia, Go Natural, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences on Monday 17 June 2013 at 00:01 (AEST) and concludes on Sunday 21 July 2013 at 23:59 (AEST).
- The competition will be advertised at participating Newslink, Relay, Hub Convenience, Trader and Voyage stores nationally.
- To enter, participants must purchase a participating product from a Newslink, Relay, Hub Convenience, Trader or Voyage store and send an SMS message to 19714714 containing the last 4 digits of the product barcode (and whether they are a Qantas member). Entries must also include full name, address, date of birth and the word ‘Qantas’ (if applicable). Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Participating products include: Plox Power Stick (Black, Blue, Purple, Pink, Green or white), Giving His Best: Cadel Evans (Hardie Grant publication), The Tour de France (Hardie Grant publication), Tour de France (Macmillan publication), Official Tour de France Guide (Ride Cycling publication), Mount Franklin 600ml water, Mount Franklin 450ml lightly sparkling water, Pump 750ml water, Mentos roll (mint, fruit, rainbow 37.5g, spearmint, strawberry 37.5g, watermelon, Kit Kat Chunky 60g, Kit Kat 4F 45g, Milky Bar 50g, Smarties 50g, Kit Kat Chunky 3 Mint 65g, Kit Kat Dark Choc 4F 45g, Kit Kat Chunky 3 Cookies & Cream 65g, Nestle Aero Mint choc 40g, Kit Kat Chunky 3 Caramel 65g, Violet Crumble 45g, Aero Peppermint 40g, Nestle Aero Milk choc 40g, Areo Caramel 40g, Mint Pattie 20g, Areo Milk Choc 40g, Chokito Bar 55g, Rolo 50g, Choc Crunch 45g, Kit Kat Chunky 3 Choc 65g, Kit Kat Caramel 4F 45g, Aero Bubbles, Allens Cheekies Luscious Berry Centre 72g, Allens Cheekies Zesty Citrus Centre 72g, Optus $2 Combi 4G, Starter Kit Optus $2 Nano 4G, Starter Kit Optus $30 Combi 4G.
- Consumers who purchase the Tour de France Guide will be entitled to a gift with purchase of a Go Natural Bar (Hi Protein Choc Berry and Hi Protein Original – flavour will be at random and at the discretion of the Promoter). The Go Natural Bar can be claimed in store at the time of purchase.
- SMS cost is $0.55 (including GST). The SMS entry mechanic is only open to consumers with a SMS compatible mobile phone connected to a service provider which permits text messaging to the promotional SMS number. It is recommended that entrants check with their individual service provider in this regard.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- Entrants in the competition may enter once per valid unique purchase. However, only one prize per person is permitted. (SA residents are entitled to win more than one prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Sunday 21 July 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the SMS message is received by the Salmat Digital Pty Limited database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- Prize Details:
Major prizes: 2 x Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra Di2 valued at $4,499 each (1 x bike is available to Qantas members and 1 x bike is available to all other entrants). Major prize pool is valued at $8,998.
1st Runner-up Prizes: 5 x Edge 510 bundle packs including HR monitor valued at $399 each. 1st Runner-up prize pool is valued at $1,995.
2nd Runner-up Prizes: 5 x Cannondale Teramo helmets valued at $149 each. 2nd Runner-up prize pool is valued at $745.
- Total prize value is up to = $11,738 (including GST)
- Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. 12 valid entrants (2 x Major Prize winners, 5 x 1st Runner-up prize winners and 5 x 2nd Runner-up prize winners) will be drawn at random to become the winners. The draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, on Tuesday 30 July 2013 at 2pm (AEST).
- The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 6 August 2013.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Wednesday 30 October 2013 at 2pm (AEST). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 6 October 2013.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- LS travel retail Pacific, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Salmat Digital Pty Limited, on behalf of LS travel retail Pacific, is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is LS travel retail Pacific (trading as Newslink Pty Ltd) ABN: 90 003 940 350 of Level 5, 50 Holt St, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/13/03928, VIC permit no: 13/1163, ACT permit no: TP 13/01614, SA permit no: T13/832.