The Colnago C60…
“When I heard I was to be offered Colnago’s new flagship bike to review, it filled me with mixed emotions. One might ask, why might you not want to test the coveted C60? Well, the answer lies in that I already own the preceding model, C59 – and if this new bike was as good as Colnago purported it to be, it would certainly be a challenge to blank my mind of the experience when the time comes to return the bike. Subsequently the offer came with a back-up option from another manufacturer, should testing the C60 create too much mental anguish. But I couldn’t say no to such an opportunity and, of course, I’m well placed to make a comparison between the two models.”
– Read all of Chris Gillespie’s appraisal in RIDE Cycling Review #65. (Find out more of what’s in the issue – contents #RIDE65.)
Click the image below to view 23 images of the Colnago in our C60 gallery.
* * * * *
Each issue of RIDE Cycling Review features five bike tests and each product is put through a series of protocols that have evolved over the years. We now subject the review bikes to…
• A ‘Build Report’ written by a mechanic after his fully disassembles the bike (and weighs each component) to get a closer look inside the frame and then see how it all comes back together.
• ‘Flex test jig‘ – which measures frame deflection when a 40kg weight is applied to the right crank.
• ‘Wheel test’ – when we measure flex of a rim.
• Weight list of every component… the actual weight, not just what the manufacturers want to promote.
• Full specification listing…
The review itself relates to the ride quality and characteristics of each bike as observed by someone who gets to use it for several weeks (or, at times, months).
Round Table Observations
Since RIDE #54, we have also published a two-page spread dubbed ‘Round Table Observations’. The concept is to get everyone in the office to ride all six review bikes one after the other and offer a brief appraisal of what they feel the highlight or lowlights are. Here are the unedited voice files from each tester’s first impression of the Colnago C60:
* * * * *
There are now 20 issues of RIDE available in a digital format via Zinio, with reviews of 116 bikes.
RIDE Media publishes RIDE Cycling Review, a quarterly magazine all about cycling.