[email protected] | Sep 10, 2018 | 0
Win a Velothon Sunshine Coast holiday prize pack!
The second edition of Velothon on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast is on 20-22 July 2018. Find out more about the event, and have a chance to win a free entry (plus flights and meals).
Get set for the ride of your life. Velothon is an interesting innovation for cyclists looking for a challenge, some great riding terrain, a safe environment, good weather… and plenty of scope for bragging rights with mates – new and old.
From 20-22 July 2018, you can join hundreds of other cyclists in a three-day cycling festival.
Queensland’s glorious Sunshine Coast awaits… and when you arrive it will feel like you’ve landed in cycling paradise.
There are numerous cycling events that offer managed roads and interesting challenges but Velothon differs in that it lasts for three days and combines great riding, an idealistic holiday setting and hundreds of likeminded people who will help make the experience one to remember.
RIDE Media is offering a chance for readers to win a free entry to Velothon Sunshine Coast (20-22 July 2018). The prize includes flights to and from Mooloolaba and a $200 voucher for a restaurant of your choice.
– To enter fill in the form below and tell us why you’d like to go to Velothon –
To enter, simply fill in the form.
(For terms and conditions, see below.)
Velothon 2018 prize draw
Velothon Sunshine Coast Competition
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition involves a competition of skill to be promoted on the ridemedia.com.au website with the below prizes:
- One (1) entry to the 2018 Velothon Sunshine Coast event, held from Friday 20 July to Sunday 22 July 2018, valued at approx. $500
- Return flights for one (1) person from their closest Airport in Australia to Sunshine Coast Airport, Maroochydore, Queensland for the event
- A $200 voucher for a restaurant of the winner’s choice in the Sunshine Coast on the weekend of the event
Runner up prizes:
- Four (4) Velothon Sunshine Coast cycling socks, to be given to four (4) separate runner up prize winners
- The Competition is conducted by USM Events Pty Limited (ABN 67 052 342 239) (trading as IRONMAN Australia) (the “Promoter”).
Conditions of entry
- Entrants will answer the question “Tell us in 25 words or less why you’re looking forward to the 2018 Velothon Sunshine Coast” on the ridemedia.com website Velothon promotion page before22 April 2018, with the preferred answer (determined by Velothon Sunshine Coast) winning the main prize and the next four preferred answers winning the four (4) runner up prizes.
- Participants must be over the age of 18 years of age as of 31/12/2017 to enter into this Competition and to participate in the Event.
- Employees of the Promoter, immediate family members of employees of the Promoter, employees of affiliated partner companies of the Promoter, shareholders of the Promoter, and professional athletes are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants into this Competition must comply fully with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless these Terms and Conditions are, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, satisfied fully by an entrant, that entrant will not be eligible to participate in the draw for this Competition.
- This Competition is void where prohibited by law.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Competition, entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and understood, and fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts, these Terms and Conditions and that the decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- The Competition commenceson Thursday 12 April2018at 12:00 pm AEST and closes on Tuesday 22 Apr 2018 at 11:59pm AEST (the “Promotional Period”).
Prizes and Winning:
The preferred answer will be chosen by a representative of Velothon Sunshine Coast at 12:00 pm on Wednesday 23 April2018 at the Promoter’s office located at 24 Lionel Donovan Drive, Noosaville, QLD, Australia, 4566.
- There will be five (5) winners chosen as per the prize details describe above, with one (1) main prize winner and four (4) runner up prize winners
- The prize(s) cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The Winner will be notified by email within twenty-four hours of the draw.
- The Winners will be published on the competition webpage of the www.ridemedia.com.au website on 23 April
- If the Prize is unclaimed as at 10:00 am on 30 April 2018, the Prize will be deemed unclaimed and will be reallocated to the ownership of the Promoter.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- The Prize is strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable in any circumstances. The Prize is not redeemable for cash.THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, NATIONAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND FEES ASSESSED AS A RESULT OF RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE AND FOR ALL COSTS AND CHARGES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE PACKAGE.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to the prize winners, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and may recommence it at another time under the same or various conditions, subject to State Lottery Laws.
- If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Competition; provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Competition for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered, subject to State Lottery Laws.
- Except where prohibited, by participating in the Competition, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Promoter and its related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, event hosts, sponsors, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, members, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages, expenses, fees, taxes, assessments, judgments, or causes of action arising out of or in connection with participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (1) unauthorized intervention in the Competition; (2) any technical error related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (3) printing errors; (4) any error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; (5) any late, lost, or undeliverable entry; or (6) injury or damage to, or taxes related to, any person or property, or the death of any person, that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any part of any prize by any person.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Competition constitutes entrant’s consent for the Promoter and the Promoter’s designees to use entrant’s entry, name, voice, likeness, statements, photographs, audiovisual recordings, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for purpose of advertising the Competition, any subsequent drawing, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion by the Promoter, any event owned or licensed by the Promoter or for any promotional, marketing, or publicity purposes, or for any other commercial purpose, in each case in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, without payment, consideration, notice, or approval.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, either: (1) suspend or modify the Competition to address the impairment and resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions; and/or (2) award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries that have registered up to the time of the impairment. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or in an improper manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, if such an attempt is made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision or aspect of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver thereof.
- Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability for any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to the reasonable out-of-pocket expenses actually paid for by the entrant that are directly related to entering and participating in this Competition (which, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes, for example, telephone expenses and Internet access), and in no event shall any of the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees.
- TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY INJURY, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSON, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS OR INCOME, OR LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, OR CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, AND THE ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MIGHT NOT APPLY TO AN INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OR EFFECT OF THE FOREGOING: NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, INACCURATE, DELAYED, GARBLED, DAMAGED, STOLEN OR MISDIRECTED ENTRIES, OR PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND RELATED THERETO, WHETHER OF MECHANICAL, HUMAN, OR ELECTRONIC CAUSE OR ORIGIN. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAS MADE OR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE COMPETITION OR PRIZE.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, or enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Promoter in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Australia nominated by the Promoter, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded or not awarded shall be resolved solely individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the capital city of such State.